Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Multi colors using cv-700

2 posts in this topic

Has any tried teaching MULTI colors with the same window tool using a Keyence CV-700. For example, I have an application where I have three different colors to look for, however I want to use just ONE window tool to pull this off. Has anyone tried this yet? Did it work for you? The camera in question is here: http://world.keyence.com/products/vision/cv_700/cv_700.html

As a follow up to my own post, I did figure this out. My application was three parts of different colored caps. I used one window tool and registered the screen for each color cap. I taught the first color "blue" then I placed the next cap "red" under the camera and re-registered screen for that part, then taught the color red. I placed the last cap under the camera "green" and re-registered the screen and taught the color green all using the same window tool. Any other color cap that went by that was not blue, red, or green was a failed part. Pretty slick if you ask me that this little unit was able to detect all three colors using ONE window tool and ONE output signal to indicate a fail or pass. Keyence has my vote.