Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pete3589

Date Setting On Panelview Plus

5 posts in this topic

I trying to make a screen that allows the user to change the system date on the HMI since many of our systems go around the world. The time changes with no problem using the system/hour minute and second functions but the date gives errors when you attempt to change values. I found this knowledgebase article and it explains why this is happening, and how to fix the problem. Knowledgebase This makes perfect sense, and so does the workaround. However, I am not sure how this will eventually get the values into the system. If I need to create Remote Date and Time and several other remote variables (which im assuming must be created in the PLC) how when I hit the Apply or Remote day and time button is this going to get the values into the HMI? Perhaps someone could explain this a bit more clearly or show an example of how this is done. Edit: Right now im on the path of just defining these Remote variables in the PLC, then when the pushbutton for date and time is pressed have each of these write to their respective system/ variables, but I dont think I can write to a system/ variable from Logix 5000. I am not sure if this is correct. Thanks Edited by pete3589

You didn't say which controller you are using but here it is for RS5000. None of our RS500 controllers have clocks so can't help you there Create 2 tags CurrentTime and NewTime both DINT[7] Create an unconditional rung GSV Class WALLCLOCKTIME Attribute DateTime Destination CurrentTime[0]. This is the time your Panelview Plus needs to read(Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second, Microsecond) Create another rung to XIC the bit you assign to set the time, then SSV Class WALLCLOCKTIME Attribute DateTime Source NewTime[0]. Make Numeric entries for the values in NewTime. Make sure you put limits on them so the clock cannot be set out of range. The day is a little tricky. You will get a minor fault on the controller if you don't.

Sorry, you did say you were using RS5000 so the above code will work But I just read a little further into your tech note and I'm not sure that they are saying to make these tags in the Plc. Its been a little over a year since I messed with RsView Me but I know you can create internal tags and make pushbuttons do certain commands. I remember there is one for print. Look and see if there is one for setting the time Edited by TWControls

I am still confused about using global connections as they say in the technote. If I use the WALLCLOCKTIME function it doesnt change the time and date that is produced on a Time and Date display on RSView ME. I believe it only changes the processor time and date (I need the one that is associated with the alarms). Before now I would simply adjust the date in windows ce before i shipped the plc's. I was hoping to avoid having to exit out of the program to enter the new date.

1: As TwControls said create 2 tags CurrentTime and NewTime, depending on what you will want to display.. assuming "HH:MM:SS MM:DD:YYYY" you will need to use DINT[6] unless you want to incorporate the WALLCLOCKTIME then use DINT[7] as I believe this also reads a tag for Milleseconds.... 2: Your Global connections should use the CurrentTime tags to be READ from the PLC. 3: In Rsview using Numeric Input Entry for the Time/Date use the NewTime Tags to WRITE to the PLC. 4: Use a pushbutton on the PV Screen and write a single bit to the PLC that will be used in the PLC to COPY the NewTime tags to the CurrentTime tags. This should then update the system\DayOfMonth.... ect. tags in Rsview. I have not tried this but you may also be able to make Analog Memory Tags in the Tag editor, then define these too your global connections and also asign to a Numeric Input, that will write to these variables, then all will be done in the panelview.. Edited by TechJunki