Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fosy

NT20S-ST121-V3

9 posts in this topic

I'm trying to upload the application from a NT20s using NT-series Support Tool V4.6 software. I'm getting an "Incompatible PT hardware connected" and communications abort. I know we got the NT20S PT back in 1996 and the software is pretty new, so do I need an earlier software version? Strange, but the NT20S is listed on the Support Tool. Any ideas?

The machine manual has it listed as a NT20S-ST121-v3, but actually looking at the back of the unit, there is no -v3, just NT20S-ST121. V4.6 Supporting tool does not have NT20M listed and I think you have to upload using NT20M settings for this model if I have read it right.

fosy, You are probably correct. The first NT20S units could be set up in NT20M mode. NTSS should allow you to connect and upload the program: NTSS_233 @ Mr.PLC.com Here is a quickstart guide for the program: NTSS_233 Quickstart @ Mr.PLC.com Thanks to Jay for both!! Hope this will help Edited by gtsuport

Thank you gtsuport, Luckily I'm enjoying a couple of days off and trying to forget work for that period. I will use your advice when I get back. Luckily my problem aint a company worry as the NT20 units in question are simply used to display info, they have no essential function to the machine. We didn't even know they had touch panel tech lol. I'm going to use these units as a learning aid, it will help us maintenance people to understand the basic principles of touch screen technology. Thanks for your input. Edited by fosy

Well I have downloaded the software and the distructions on how to use it. First problem I have encounted is, I don't see "NEW-FILE" listed under the file list. Secondly, the software explains how to transfer from computer to PT, but not from PT to computer. I want to upload the screens from an old NT20 so I can see what settings and screens are there. There is a help message asking me to check the data directory. So I made a folder on the C: drive, put the program in it and typed the address of that folder in the appropriate place. Still no joy, of cause I am a maintenance man, so its likely to be some simple error on my part. Anyone want to teach a fool how to fix this prob, I'll be grateful.

I do not have hardware available at this time. I can test on Monday. You will need to put the NT20S into transmit mode. Touch two opposite corners, the touch the Transmit button. Then you will need to initiate the "upload program" option from the software. I think it will ask for a file name after the upload is complete. Again, just going from memory. If you need me to, I can check this on Monday. Or maybe someone else will be able to help before then!

Thanks qtsuport, I think the main problem is the data directory and the work directory. I have typed C:\nt20software on the tool setting page but a help message is saying "check data directory on tool setting page" Its got me goosed lol. If you get a chance to try it Monday I'd appreciate it.

The data directory names may be limited to eight characters.

Thanks ECSI, Thats exactly what the problem was mate, cheers. I had more than 8 characters as the directory. It must be a DOS thing yeah? Anyway, got it working a treat, uploaded data satis. Shall try a download tomorrow, see how it goes.