Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pete3589

Battery Low Alarm

6 posts in this topic

Ive been looking around for some info on this and im sure there needs to be a way to do it. Im using a CompactLogix L35E processor and id like to write in a low battery alarm. Basically all I need is to find some sort of status bit that would indicate to me when this occurs since ive been having problems with customers losing everything when their battery runs out. I was hoping there would be something in the GSV function since ive used that to display many other controller specific values, but I just cant seem to find anything. Thanks

Create a DINT tag to put The GSV in. GSV Class FAULTLOG, Instance Blank, Attribute MinorFaultBits The battery is Bit 10 There is also a Type and Code for the battery fault that can be accessed by GSV Class Program, Instance THIS or Program name, Attribute MinorFaultRecord. But i think we had a problem using this method. I believe it only reported the error in a power up or controller fault routine but can't remember. But the first method has never failed us Edited by TWControls

Ah thanks, I knew it should have been a GSV variable. Must have missed it.

Is there a list somewhere on all the information that can be obtained with the GSV command?

Chapter 6 of THIS manual covers most of them I believe

Also see page 3-36 of this manual http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...rm003_-en-p.pdf Edited by Contr_Conn