Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Xesuss

Rslogix With Windows Xp

8 posts in this topic

I have a license of RSLogix 5 r.5.00.00. I have a PC with Windows XP and don´t let me to install this software. Windows show this menssage "This produc requires Service Pack 4 on Windows NT 4.0 System" How can I install this software in Windows XP? It´s neccesarie change the operative system? Is there anoter revisión of RSLogix 5 for Windows XP? Where can I download it? Thanks

I had the same problem a few months ago. Download Version 5.20.00 from the Rockwell Software Site. StarDrifter.

That shouldn't be a problem... You can use Compatibility Wizard to install anything you want (it comes with XP, just check Help if not sure how to use it). Wizard will ask you what program you wish to install (just navigate to your CD drive and select Setup.exe or whatever you have) and what version of Windows would work for your software (Win95, Win98, Win2000 or NT4 with service pack your choice). Hope this helps, panic mode Edited by panic mode

RSLogix 500 purposely checks the Environment Variable when installing, and refuses to install on an OS that is not supported by the software, so Compatibility Mode isn't the answer, because it doesn't change the environment variable presented to the application by the OS. RSLogix 500 Version 5.00 was released before Windows XP and purposely checks to be sure you're not running something newer than the six Microsoft operating systems for which it was designed and tested. RSLogix 500 version 5.20 was tested and certified for Windows XP, and therefore can be installed on a Windows XP computer.

Stardrifter, I too have the same problem, win xp and RSLogic ver. 2.0. Is the download of ver. 2.5 an upgrade to Ver. 2.0? If so, 1. what is the cost? 2. What is the proceedure? I would guess that you'd have to install the download first, then install your licenced ver. Or is the download a full blown version? Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm to old wait until I figure it out on my own. I was thinking of installing win 2000nt as an alternate operating system just for my ver. 2. RSLogic, but would rather not if I can run everything on xp. Thanks, Larry Edited by Larry

I guess I didn't make myself clear above, so I'll be explicit: The minimum revision of RSLogix 500 that will run on Windows XP is version 5.20. Version 5.00, Version 4.50, Version 4.10, Version 4.00, Version 3.01, Version 2.57, Version 2.10, and Version 2.0 will not run under Windows XP. When you install a new copy of RSLogix, use the ordinary Windows "Remove Programs" utility in Control Panel to remove the previous version; every "upgrade" to RSLogix 500 is a full installation of the software. The upgrade cost is a fraction of the full cost of the software, but it is, on purpose, more than the yearly support fee that includes updates.

Ken, I've been using version 4.5 with XP for over a year now and programmed over 10 SLC500's without any problems except one tiny issue: When printing your application. After your file is sent to the printer, the app. crashes. Just make sure you don't print until after a fresh save and all is good. Later.

I too had the same problem with RSLogix and Windows XP. Had the error: RSLogix 500 version 5.00.00 will not install on Windows XP or uninstall in Windows XP. Error: Service Pack 4 or higher to continue. You can get around this Error. Rockwell put out a fix to Uninstall version 5.00.00 from Windows XP. This same fix will Let You INSTALL Version 5.00.00 into Windows XP. Here is a Link to download the Fix: http://www.geocities.com/plc_guide/downloa...500_English.zip A uninstall_install.txt is included in the zip file.