mouhab_ah

network parameter fo A3A cpu

14 posts in this topic

I have a A3A cpu plc master and local connecting through coxial cable ,

these two plcs exist in printing machine and the master one had lost his program , i found a program written on papers so I rewrite it using gx devoloper.

now i face a problem with network parameter , beacuse the master unit is also connecting to 6 remote i/o module through twisted pair cable .

i will upload the diagram of the newtork for both plcs and with the remote i/o unit .

and when i upload the program with out parameter it give me an alarm in plc link par. error

please help.

SCN_0001.pdf

SCN_0002.pdf

Edited by mouhab_ah

We need screenshots from the network parameter setup you have in GX Developer... It's a bit hard to help out without knowing what config you have downloaded to the PLC.

As a side note; you do realize that you are rewriting the code to a CPU that has been out of production and spare parts for years...??

18 hours ago, kaare_t said:

We need screenshots from the network parameter setup you have in GX Developer... It's a bit hard to help out without knowing what config you have downloaded to the PLC.

As a side note; you do realize that you are rewriting the code to a CPU that has been out of production and spare parts for years...??

now i put this parameter, the error " link par. error" is gone but still no responding for start button of  remote i/o module.

because i don't know where i should put the addresses of remote i/o modules .

master and local setting .jpg

melsecnemini remote io.jpg

Edited by mouhab_ah

It would be nice to also have a screenshot of the error code, including the error number. Have you made the remote PLC work (the one with Coax cable) - "N01"? You should start with making one of the networks work, then proceed with the next one to be sure that you are debugging in the right place.

After i put these parameter no error appear on the plc screen and its in run mode and the command for these plc input or output is working.

But for remote i/o no responding of the commands .

And for plc n01 it has already its program without me - I didn't program it- .ijust rewrite n01 program.

Note : when i remove coxial cable no error appear on both plc , also when i remove twisted pair no error appear too.

There are 4 analog outputs should give number of tension strenght for the machine and it comes from remote i/o , it show me 0 . I think there is somthing wrong for the addresses in network of these  i/o module , where i should put there address??

Edited by mouhab_ah
Error in spelling

I used to work for a company that sold Mitsubishi 20+ years ago and would have to regularly talk my customers through the setup of their Melsecnet networks.  They would upload a program using Medoc from a PLC that was configured with a GPP unit.  The GPP had tables to fill out for the network settings, but Medoc did not.  When they would download back to the PLC CPU, the network settings would be missing.

All that being said, the biggest challenge was knowing what memory areas to read from and write to when setting up the mapping the physical inputs and outputs.  Some customers had well-documented prints that showed the real-world I/O and how it related to the virtual I/O.  Others were not so easy, and we would need to study their code for clues.  Do you have any such info?  Do your electrical prints have the information?  Or is your program documented to show which memory locations were used?

I will try to find and told you the news.

But in the diagram that i upload in the  first post there is address in the top of each remote i/o module , is that enough ?

6 minutes ago, mouhab_ah said:

I will try to find and told you the news.

But in the diagram that i upload in the  first post there is address in the top of each remote i/o module , is that enough ?

That is a good start, but it doesn't state which device(s) are used in the address ranges.  For instance, Melsecnet/mini can be tagged to X, Y, M, D... devices.  Your program should help us determine what devices were used.

I couldn't find any printed paper related to these tagged devices , can I send my program to you to help me in this??

Attach it to this thread.  I will do my best.  It has been many years...  

I spent some time this morning looking at your program, but I cannot easily determine the mapping of the network devices to the internal memory devices of the PLC.  It would take some time to study the prints, the physical layout of the machine and the program in order to determine the network map.  That is something I could not do in the time I spent this morning.  I would recommend contacting the original machine builder or contact a Mitsubishi office and ask for someone who is familiar with the A series PLC.  I worked on stuff like this over 20 years ago.  The product has long ago been replaced by new PLCs, networks and software to program it all.  I am sorry I cannot help you.  Best of luck in your search.