Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cyfer

total control quickpanel w/ quickdesigner

3 posts in this topic

hey guys.....having a little problem uploading a quickpanel screen with quickdesigner. open quickdesigner...... select upload... follow instructions.... with cable connected, I get the initial response from unit "waiting for device setup".... then I get a "device hung" message.... then a request to power off the unit.... then power on the unit .... then I get the message "waiting for device setup " and that's it .... It just sits there with no response..... javascript:emoticon('') smilie

It's been a while since I did anything with a Quick Panel, but I remember that in order to be able to retrieve a file from a QP, the original creator of the screen file must have downloaded it to the QP in the proper format. It was Total Control's version of OEM protection. They called it "Store Project" if you wanted to be able to upload from the QP later. If you stored only the compiled screen files, you couldn't upload. I don't remember what messages you get if there is no project file available for upload, but this could be what you're seeing. If nobody else posts here, you might want to try asking the same question at the GE Fanuc forum. http://gefanuc.bnsi.net/eforum/index.php

Helllo guys!, i want to get the quickdesigner software to see the pages from an old totalcontrol quickpanel, but the software isn´t on sale because is obsolet.....thanks for your help. regards..