Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blueice

MicroLogix

5 posts in this topic

Hello. We have an older machine that has two MicroLogix PLC'S in it. I tried to upload the image just to make a back_up of each one. RsLinx finds each one but RlLogix is returning an upload failed--compiler error. Could these plc's have been programed with something other than RsLogix? I have a paper printout of the program and it looks simular to the old PCIS that was used for the SLC100 and 150. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Paul

There was an AI-series programming package for the very early MicroLogix controllers... probably about 10 years ago. I have heard of this decompiler error, because that package allowed some constructs that RSLogix 500 doesn't. The solution is to use AI-Micro, or to get an upload utility derived from AI-Micro. A-B Technical Support will provide that utility for free. Once the program is uploaded, it should be able to be opened in RSLogix 500. I think that the "illegal" ladder constructs should adapt to the RSLogix 500 rules then.

Also if I remember rightly the newer C versions when new are A versions to allow older software to access them, however if a later version of RSlogix is connected to them they automatically become C versions that older software can't access. (I may be wrong in some of the finer detail but you get the gist )

The upload utility can be found in the Rockwell Technical Support page Knowledgebase, Technote # E9855783. http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/appl...84?OpenDocument

I can not use this upload utility because my processor is faulted. Is there any other utilities I can use to clear a fault error? Thanks.