Tom-Tom

IO-Link master with EtherNet/IP interface

5 posts in this topic

Ethernet/IP and EDS files are for Rockwell/Allen-Bradley products. The QPLC ethernet port cannot use Ethernet/IP. You'll have to either use a gateway or find a different sensor.

You can get a 3rd party gateway (google EIPCCPU). This is a 3rd party card that can be added to the Q to transform it into an ethernet IP scanner. Although I can tell you after experiencing it that it's not very intuitive and support is not that great. Looks like you are needing a remote I/O block for M12 sensors. Your future self will thank you if you switch to another remote I/O block (either hardwired or CC-link if you already have a CC link card installed).

We are (chain factory) planning to build out a remote IO network to pick up temperatures, pressures, DI etc. Also we would like to activate prop.valves, on/of valve, DO and access FVD's via the same bus system. Gauges are realy spread "all over" and distance between units might be op to 200m. I can see that CC-link IE Field is realy fast and I can get som RIO modules from different places. But very few VFD supplyers are able to connect to CC link IE Field. We are planning to use HMI's from Beijer (ethernet/IP). So, my plan was to hook up everyting to ethernet/IP where 3.part VFD's, RIO- modules and HMI are no problem. But, the problem is that Mitsibishi has no ethernet/ip support. Why? it seems to be more 3.party equipment availible than Profibus DP.... 

Probably because Ethernet/IP licensing fees are steep, and in the places where Mitsubishi is most popular, EIP is not as common.

Beijer has Mitsubishi Ethernet TCP/IP drivers to talk to the CPU directly. CC-Link IE uses Ethernet, but it's not compatible with TCP/IP, so it needs to be a separate network. The master module has its own Ethernet ports.

Just because a protocol has a lot of third party devices doesn't mean it's the best choice for your application. The availability, quality, and support are vital. Granted, more choices means you're more likely to find a good supplier, but don't let that be your driving consideration.