Luigi_F

Read data by Personal Computer

7 posts in this topic

I have a slc 5/03 connected to a PanelView 550. I would like to read data from slc with my computer. how should I do?

What I do, depending on what you want to read. Your post is pretty vague. I would use RsLinx OPC server and send it to an Excel spreadsheet. Again, depending on what you want to read and what you want to do with it afterwards.

I wish the data arriving at the PanelView arrived well to the computer. use your computer as a second PanelView. sorry for my English

Have you used your computer to go online with A-B equipment before?  You will need a communication cable and RSLinx.  SLC-5/03 has (2) programming ports - DF1 and DH485.  Most likely the PanelView is plugged into the DH485 port.  You do have a spare port to plug into, right?

If you want a 2nd PanelView, then buy a 2nd PanelView.

If you want a 2nd PanelView and to have archived data, then what you need is a PC running FTView SE (Site Edition).  The latest PanelViews (dumb terminals) use FTView ME (Machine Edition), whereas PCs run FTView SE.  Both are very similar graphical interface applications, but SE affords archived data and events.

I wish the data arriving at the PanelView arrived well to the computer. use your computer as a second PanelView. sorry for my English

IMG-20160728-WA0005[1].jpg

IMG-20160728-WA0004[1].jpg

I have to capture alarms and for example to send an email. That's why I read the data with the computer?

You can use AdvancedHMI to read data from the PLC. It has a native DF1 serial driver. The software is free.