Prizm_Controls

Quantum RS232 Modbus to Multilin

4 posts in this topic

Alright, here's the issue. We have a local rack connected via DIO to a second rack not far away. In that DIO rack we have a NOM card that is connected to a Modbus Bridge/Mux. 

Local Rack(NOM Card)---->DIO Rack (CRA Card)----->DIO Rack (NOM Card)-----> Modicon Modbus Bridge/Mux (NW-BM85C002)------> Out port #3 Modbus RTU 232 to a 485 converter and then to the 485 Port on the Multilin 369. 

Is this even a supported configuration? We have it all installed and wired and can't seem to get any communication. 

If it is supported, what am I missing!? Routing tables in the Mux? PLC is a master and the Multilin is a single non networked slave. 

Thanks all. 

Hello Prizm_Control,

the fact is the NOM can be placed only in local rack. So if you use DIO, then you have NOM in local rack and CRA211 in each DIO drop.

I think the NOM in local rack can handle DIO and your connection to Bridge/Mux in the same time, but I never tested such config.

There is a NOM both in the local rack and the DIO rack. 

I managed to get it working! After quite a bit of research I had to do the following:

- Hyperterminal to the Mux to set the port settings of the port I wanted to use. 

- Set up MSTR instruction to essentially look out the slot of the NOM card (local rack) and point to the Modbus plus address of 31 (the mux) and specify which port of the mux. 

The rest fell into place.