Joek

Q06 PID SETTINGS

2 posts in this topic

Application: heating gas fired industrial oven  with very slow response heat exchanger .

problem: No matter the PID settings, we cannot get the output to start decreasing prior to reaching set point and vis versa.

Does anyone have an idea what may be causing this Mitsubishi Q06 PID to not function properly? So far three engineers with a total of over 70 years of controls experience cannot get this thing to control properly. 

Thank you. 

I can say upfront that I've never done this kind of slow application with a PID controller. However you are providing quite little information for a pretty complex problem. E.g. what are the P/I/D settings, what is "slow" (how slow) and so on. As much information as possible. Did you use the autotuning in the controller (which I doubt will work on a slow PID control application), or did you set the parameters manually? Also: A sanitized PLC program would really help to see which settings in the PID controller you have accessed and/or modified.

As a side note: You ask why the Q06 PID controller does not function properly. Not to be "cruel" or anything, but I doubt the problem is the Q PLC/PID controller.