Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thorny

Ethernet comms to NT/Wonderware

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have just joined a Company that is 95% Mitsi and I am still finding my feet as I have not used Mitsi before, Ther is a problem with the 10 base2 comms from an AJ71E71 to an NT based Wonderware scada. The Ethernet cable is thin net BNC from the mitsi to a BNC terminal on an intel hub, it then connects to the NIC on the NT Mc via UTP RJ45. This seems to problematic. I propose to use a Transiever fron the Mitisi card and UTP direct to the NT machine using 10base5, has anyone any knowledge of this before and will it work, I dont want to try it if its still going to give problems as the equipment is used 24/7 and I have to request down time to attempt the fix. All the mitsi code looks ok and the cables are ok, I have changed the AJ card so I just need to eliminate the hub. Any comments would be of help. Thanx

When I did this, I used a converter such as this one: http://datapro.net/products/ET10-5BT.html and connected directly to the plant ethernet system. I actually used a dlink converter, but they don't have them anymore and a quick google turned up this thing. I think it'll work, but at least you'll know what to look for. Best, Larry

Thanks Larry, I'll give it a go, thanks for your help Steve T