Jiggadoo

Configuring high speed counter card 1734-VHSC24/C with explicit messaging

3 posts in this topic

Hello! I have a problem with Allen-Bradley High Speed Counter card 1734-VHSC24/C. I need to make changes to the configuration parameter .OnValue1 (DINT) during the system is running. Now, for changing the parameter value, I need to switch off the module and this can not be done during the line is running. I think that maybe this can be done using the explicit messaging. I could not find information for this from internet, so now I ask you to help me with this item. If anyone have experience or knowledge of this, please help me. I do no have experience using explicit messaging. My configuration: Studio 5000 Logix Designer V24.00, 1756-L71S V24.11, Ethernet/IP, 1734AENTR, 1734-VHSC24/C countermodule.

Problem solved! It is possible use message-tag and configure it with 'Module Reconfigure'. For the 'path' it must be chosen the module for which I want module reconfigure happen. My problem was that I have not given a name for the module and my message tag went always to error-state. So, I need to give name at least to the modules I am using message tags....

Thanks for posting that followup ! That sort of thing is very helpful to future users of this Forum.