Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Chris

Mitsubishi terms

5 posts in this topic

Hey all This question may be too simple for you but it's only the 8th day of my growing PLC experience. I have a Mitsubishi PLC, a Mitsubishi CC-Link Master (right term??), an AS-i/CC-Link Gateway, two AS-i Slaves and one sensor. But what are these stations called. I am just reading the Mits. manual and it's not clear to me: What of my stuff is the master station, the remote device station, the local station etc. Thanks Chris

I am not quite sure if I understand the question. If I'm not mistaken you are looking for some explanation of the naming conventions used in Mitsubishi manual? If so I can try to help with CC Link part: Local and remote is relative to point you look from but they tend to call remote anything that is not master. Remote station type has to be entered in CC link master configuration (such as "Remote Station", "Remote Device Station", "Intelligent...", "Reserved..."). You must look the station type in the manual for each slave. For example I was using recently some of the standard Mitsubishi I/O blocks and SMC gateway EX500-GMJ. The I/O blocks ware all 16 point so they had to be reported as "Remote I/O" and mapped as "1 station". The SMC gateway had to be configured as "Remote device station" and mapped to use "3 stations". One station is 320bit. This means if you have two 16point input modules, one 32point input module, one 16point output module and then one gateway and finally one more input card 16pt, configuration would look like this (assuming CC link I/O map starts at X1000 and Y1000): Station 0 = master Station 1 = input#1 (16pt, 1 stn) (X1000-X101F but using only X1000-X100F) Station 2 = input#2 (16pt, 1 stn) (X1020-X103F and using only X1020-X102F) Station 3 = input#3 (32pt, 1 stn) (X1040-X105F, all used) Station 4 = output#1 (16pt, 1 stn) (Y1060-Y107F but using only Y1060-106F) Station 5 = inputs and outputs on up to 8 manifolds (3 stn, X and Y1080-10DF but only first 64bit of inputs and outputs are used: Manifold#1 = 1080-108F Manifold#2 = 1090-109F Manifold#3 = 10A0-10AF Manifold#4 = 10B0-10BF) Station 6 = inputs#4 (16pt, 1 station) (X10E0-10FF and using only 10E0=10EF) The addresses on the modules woiuld have to be 0 for master and 1,2,3,4,5 and 8 for other nodes. Why 8 and not 6? Because Station 5 is actually three stations. What really sucks (probably lost in translation) is the term STATION because it is used to describe both node and address space occupied by it. Hope this little CC-link tutorial helps.

Thanks for your reply. Helped me to configurate my non-Mitsubishi parts. But one more problem is that in one Mitsubishi manual it was referred to the Master Station as PLC CPU and Master Module together. This master station was connected to a local station. But in another manual Mitsubishi referred to the master station and the PLC CPU as two different components. Did I misunderstand them? Isn't my PLC referred to as PLC CPU and my CC-Link module QJ61BT11 as a master station. That would sound reasonable to me. Chris

you are right. you just need to learn how to better guess what do they have in mind :-p sometimes you just bang the head against the wall till you are knocked out or you come up with another (hopefully better) interpertation of the sentence in manual. That's why people use forum to exchange experience. I would suggest you to register. It's free and can help a lot...

Thanks. I just registered as I will be working on my topic for the next six months. Seems as if I'll have to use this forum quite often.