Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Mike Skiles

Using a Siemens HMI with a FX2n

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am trying to integrate a Siemens TP170B with an existing FX2n PLC. I have the Mitsubishi Driver installed on the HMI, and have even installed a FX2n-232-BD option card on the PLC to connect with the Siemens HMI. All of the cable connections are correct,and all of the protocol settings match on both devices( I have even changed both to various matching protocols,including Protocol 4,standard RS Instruction, varying speeds and control protocol,and have verified that the data registers for the serial settings are correct ) but I still cannot get the two to communicate.I haven't yet resorted to installing my protocol sniffer on the line to see what's happening,but that might be next. Does anyone know of some possible issues with this type of integration? Normally I would just toss the HMI and use a Beijers unit, however the majority of the hardware in this plant is Siemens,except for this one PLC,and given that the program is in raw ladder format and quite extensive, I'm not inclined to replace it. Any ideas? Regards, Mike Skiles

I still vote for the toss the HMI and use a Beijers... The Mitsubishi E-terminals are much better choice to work with a Mitsu PLC in my opinion.

what is the driver you are using? is it for Fx or Fx2n? can you try going RS422 directly to the cpu port?

Yes, the driver is for an FX2n, and I have connected it through the RS-422 Port. I even put my oscilloscope on the RS-422 to check bit transition, which it has, but it still won't communicate