Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CoreyM

NS Web Interface

7 posts in this topic

My end goal here is to set up remote access/web interface for the NS HMI so it can be monitored and possibly controlled off site. It's a non-critical application, security is not a major concern. My HMI and PLC are both connected to a network hub, when I plug into the network hub with my laptop via the ethernet jack I am able to transfer to and upload from both the HMI with Cx-Designer and the PLC with CX-Programmer through the hub no problem everything works great, I made a small test program and the HMI and PLC work great together. I have port forwarded port 80 and 9600 for my HMI's IP address in my router I have the FTP/Web enabled on my HMI. From there if my laptop is plugged into the same hub I should be able to enter the HMI's IP address into my web browser and that should bring up the login screen, unfortunately this is where my issues is. My browser will not connect and I can not get to the login screen, I have tried with IE, Chrome and Firefox. My HMI system version is 8.21, the HMI itself is NS12-TS01-V1, yes V1 not V2, according to my manual it should work still. I have attached pictures of my HMI communication setup screen, PLC settings, my router port forwarding settings. My PLC is a CP1L-EM40DT1-D if that matters. The manual I am referencing is this one http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=830 Any ideas?

Try setting the default gateway of the HMI to whatever the router IP Address is (probably 192.168.0.1).

Tried that, same problem. I confirmed my router IP is set to 192.168.0.1

I just got it working here. Here is my setup: Port forwarding: My NS is set to the following: IP Address: 192.168.250.2 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway: 192.168.250.10 FTP Web is enabled. When I type in http://192.168.250.2 into Internet Explorer with my PC set to IP address 192.168.1.15, I get the following (after pressing the operation selection): Is it possible that the port has been changed from 80? Have you connected directly with the NS and tried this using a crossover cable?

I should have looked at this sooner. According to the manual that you referred to in your post, the -V2 is a requirement: The above chart is from page 1-4.

Hey Michael, thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated. Yes, it does specify V2 in that manual, I overlooked that. I originally started using this manual here http://support-omron.fr/pdf/FTP%20Function.pdf page 3 lists my model of HMI as compatible, I found the manual I posted earlier to be more clear, so I switched to that manual and did not double check what it listed for compatibility when I switched manuals. The manual I just posted a link for only mentions FTP I see. Is it possible the V1 can handle FTP but not web server? I am a disty, V1 is what Omron shipped directly to me to do my test on when I explained the application, they reassured me the V1 would do what I want, it would just be slower than the V2, this came direct from Omron but I guess it's always possible they made a mistake. I have not tried the cross-over cable, I will give that a try later today and will verify my router settings match what you have posted. Also I see you have your WAN IP highlighted in your router settings, but I do not see where you use it besides that? EDIT: I Just called Omron again and spoke to someone else, they said it 100% has to be the V2. I think we can call this one case closed. I will ship them back the V1 they sent me and request V2, I only received this recently, I was surprised they even had a V1 leftover to send. Edited by CoreyM

I just wanted you to know what the WAN IP was on the PC side so that you could see that my PC IP address is 192.168.1.15 and the router (WAN) IP is 192.168.1.1. It is used when I set up the fixed IP address of my PC. I set the IP Address of the PC to 192.168.1.15, the Subnet to 255.255.255.0 and the default gateway to 192.168.1.1. Edit: Yes, even us Omron guys make mistakes.