Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

ControlNet Scheduling

5 posts in this topic

We have been upgrading our Logix 5000 processors recently from some oler versions V12 / V13 to more current V19 / V20. After upgrading one of them recently we are getting a yellow triangle on the I/O Tree and the fault reads (Code 16#0317) Connection Request Error: Connection not scheduled. Upon further investigation I find that the "slave" PLC which went from V12 to V15 still lists the "master" which went from V12 to V17 as a V12 on the properties tab. I've scheduled COntrolNet previously, but not in the past 5 years. I'm assuming I have to update the RSlogix Files to show the correct Firmware versions on the properties tabs and then schedule the network with RSNetworx for ControlNet and probably need all PLC in PROGRAM. Any hints or sugestions to jog my rusty memory are appreciated.

Hi Bob, We have a good bit of ControlNet here on site. I was lookng into re-scheduling before and I came across some good Powerpoint presentations on AB tech support. I downloaded them all from there. I am not sure if you have Tech support contract, but there is a tech note 46577 that shows your exact error. If you dont have tech support I can re-word tech note 46577 ( I think I can do that according to the rules of this site??). Conor

Bob, updating the CPU firmware and the re-scheduling of the ControlNet network requires the entire system to be "at idle" (all CPUs in Program Mode) and compatible firmware for all the system's components. You have to take in consideration the fact that older hardware does not "know" how to communicate with "newer" components since they didn't exist at the time of the former release. I would also ensure that the CNet Keeper bridge belongs to the newer firmware CPU project application and also that either RSLogix 5000 or RSNetWorks for ControlNet are up to date with respect to the Module's Communication Profiles.

THanks for confirming what I was pretty sure I remembered. As far as backups we are well off as we used to use MDT AutoSave and 3 years ago or so switched to AssetCentre so everyting should be on the server and current as you aren't allowed to conenct to a PLC without going thru AssetCentre. The Technote is what I found after posting this and doing some digging myself. I thought it read palce it all in program, but when you ahven't done it in 8 years it's nice to confirm with someone more current in the process.

Hi Bob, I also found this doc while doing a bit of searching on this topic, http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/cnet-um001_-en-p.pdf Conor