Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ronc1952

Box Conveyor System

3 posts in this topic

All, I would like some insight on the best method to apply straps to a box using a strapping machine. Below is a brief description of the process it will go through. Both conveyor parts are chain driven with no VSD driving the motors. I would like to know the best way for reliable performance because of the volume of boxes it will handle during each shift. A brief example would be a big help because I am visual learner. 1. Box will come to the indexing conveyor and stop at a photoeye on this conveyor. 2. If no box is present in the strapping zone it will release the box to the first photoeye in strapping zone. Two conveyors are used for this indexing of the box through the strapping zone. 3. Once the box makes the 1st. strap photoeye the two conveyors stop. 4. A strap is applied to the box. An input from the strapping machine confirms the machine tried to apply the strap. It is possible for the strap machine to not appply the strap. The strap is almost clear. 5. Once the input from the strap machine is sent then the two conveyors come on and send the box to the next photoeye. The process continues until four straps are applied to the box. 6. Once four straps are applied two conveyors come on and move the box to the weigh station were a photoeye will stop the conveyors. The box is manually released once the box is weighed and labeled. As the box is being weighed the index conveyor comes on again to move another box onto the indexing conveyor. Thank you in advance for your help.

If your strapper and scale are on the same conveyor, you will not be able to feed strapper until the weighing is complete. Draw your picture, describe specifically when you want something to come ON and OFF then ask questions. The more specific your questions are, the better answers you'll get in these forums.

I would suggest you contact someone in the strapping industry such as signode. They will be happy to send a sales engineer to determine your needs and propose a solution. Just google them and you should be able to find a local rep for your area.