Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
autoexecncf

Q-PLC Power Supply Grounding

5 posts in this topic

HI Searched the forums and did not find an answer to this question. I have a Mitsubishi Q-PLC with the Q62P Power Supply module. It has two grounding nodes called LG and FG. I attached a snip from the Mitsubishi Quick Start guide for reference; what I'd like to know is this: Do the abbreviations stand for Line Ground and Field Ground? What are the purposes of each? I would assume that Line Ground is for AC Mains and the Field Ground is for switch / sensor / module returns, but can't find a verification in the documentation. Appreciate any clarification in advance. We have a customer wanting to know the answer for their safety certification process and I'd like to be able to answer them correctly. Ray

I'm assuming (scared yet?) Line Ground and Frame Ground. See the attached pdf that explains an A1S power supply. I would think same applies here A1S_PowerSupply.pdf Edited by bobtalbot

Look at the hardware design manual, not the quick start guide. They are detailed there. SH(NA)080483 section 7 FG - Ground terminal connected to the shield pattern of the printed circuit board. LG - Grounding for the power supply filter. For AC input, it has one-half the potential of the input voltage.

So when wiring I should tie both terminals to ground? Why have two terminals? -plcdp