Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LDM

AB Servo Controller 1394

2 posts in this topic

Dear Experts, I would like to seek your help regarding the problem we are facing on our AB servo controller 1394. We have a wrapping machine which have a problem on the servo controller. The error on the hmi panel indicates a servo error and looking on the servo controller unit, the LED on the front cover is steady red. The LED control status, located upper right , indicates a 0= ON, 1=OFF, 2=OFF LED sequence, indicating a Memory fault - Setup or program checksum error. The LED on the axis cards are flashing red / green. Upon pushing the reset button on the hmi panel, the servo controller front LED turns to steady green and all LED in the axis cards are now flashing green, but the LED control status remains at 0= ON, 1=OFF, 2=OFF LED sequence. My questions are 1) what could possibly cause this error? ( Memory fault ) 2) Is the controller already defective? If not, is it possible to erase the existing program and reload it again? We also tried to replace the servo controller with a new unit but the front LED remains steady red while the LED control status is now 0= OFF, 1=OFF, 2=OFF LED sequence, indicating controller ok. The LED on the axis cards are flashing red / green. Upon loading the program, the servo motors could not go to its home position. The hmi error is still servo error. The servo controller has 4 axis card 1394 attached to it. My apologies if my post is quite long. Thank you in advance. LDM

You will get more useful inofrmation if you can post full catalog or bulletin numbers for your 1394 Servo Controller and Axis Cards. Most 1394 I have worked with were programmed over a serial port by GML Commander. If you have the software connecting it might give you a clue.