Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abu Ubaid

SLC 5/04 to PV+ 600 through DH-485

5 posts in this topic

hi all, We have an SLC 5/04 connected to PV Standard 550 using DH-485 communication with cable 2711-NC13 and it's working fine.... now we want to replace PPV Standard 550 with PV+ 600...and I prefer using the RS232 port as DH-485 I setup a communication in RSViewME (but at the same time I did not go online to SLC) but not successfully, there's some error in PV+ saying that my shortcut is not usable.... please help regards abu ubaid dedi

You'll need to add the PLC and node address into the RS Enterprise communications tree manually. In the FactoryTalk Studio communications set up, right-click the DH-485 driver and add the PLC. It should give you the node address as a setting. Use the one from the old PV Standard application.

Thanks JRoss, I have done this before post this message but it did not work ( i am sure the is a wrong setting therfore I am asking :)..) To make things more clear hear are the current situations: - I connect to PV+ for downloading .mer using ethernet - SLC connect to PV+ using DH-485 with stright cable (only 3 wire) 2-2,3-3 and 5-5 - in SLC controller the node is 1 - in old PV550 the node is 2 - I am using RSView 4.0 question: 1. in RSLink Eneterprise there are two driver for DH-485 ( DH-485 and Serial DH-485) which one should I use 2. Do I need to setup in both "Local" and "Target" tab? 3. I want to go online also in the same time to SLC using DH+ (PCMK) which driver should I use in RSLink enterprise? 4. I setup using DH485 driver, in the properties there are some parameter.one of them is station number, is this the station number of SLC or PV+? 5. There is also parameter called Jumper ID, what number should I have to put? there will be more question...:) please advice... regards abu ubaid dedi

Thank you for posting the followup information ! Question 1. In RSLinx Enterprise there are two drivers for DH-485 ( DH-485 and Serial DH-485) which one should I use Answer 1: You need to configure the "Serial DH-485 driver". This will use the RS-232 serial port of the PanelView Plus terminal. The other DH485 driver is for use with a dedicated-purpose DH-485 option module. Question 2. Do I need to setup in both "Local" and "Target" tab? Answer 2: No. Because your development computer is not using DH485, you do not need to configure the Local tab. Configure only the Target tab. Question 3. I want to go online also in the same time to SLC using DH+ (PCMK) which driver should I use in RSLink enterprise? Answer 3. RSLogix 500 uses RSLinx Classic, not RSLinx Enterprise. Configure RSLinx Classic for a 1784-PCMK on the DH+ network, and you will be able to select that driver in RSLogix 500. Question 4. I setup using DH485 driver, in the Properties there are some parameters; one of them is station number, is this the station number of SLC or PV+? Answer 4. When you configure the driver on the "Target" tab, you are setting up how it will run on the PV+ terminal. Therefore the Station Number will be "2", the station number of the PV+. Question 5. There is also parameter called Jumper ID, what number should I have to put? Answer 5. The Jumper ID is only for 1784-PKTX cards. When using that card, leave the jumper ID at zero. Because you will be using the DH485 Serial driver, you will not see this field. Because you are connecting directly between the PV+ and the SLC-5/04 controller, it may be faster and easier to use the DF1 Full Duplex driver instead of the DH485 serial driver. Both protocols can run on the same ordinary RS-232 straight-through serial cable. If you have the possibility, I strongly recommend upgrading to FactoryTalk View Studio 5.10 or 6.0. These can still generate runtime files for any older PV+ terminal, but the functionality and the stability of the software is significantly better.

I would like to thanks to all of you who spent time for reading my post, specially to Ken Roach...now I can establish the connection SLC to PV+ 600...but it seems this PV+ is working too slow...during booting also after it's up and running when I press my button it takes more time comparing to PV standard, did everyone face the same. Even when I press ny button said "Main Menu" it takes more time (sometime I see small gray window appearing before it show the main menu) I leave the communication with DH485 and don't want to go to serial since there are more similar machine which still using PV Standard so I don't want to change something in SLC side. Another question is how to delete .mer file in the PV+ since I have download a lot of .mer file in side PV+? I do asking for upgrading my RSView to latest FactoryTalk View to local AB but they did not reply yet. Is 6.0 the latest one? regards Abu Ubaid Dedi