Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jayman

TCP/IP Port Communication Between PLC to PC

2 posts in this topic

Good Day With a CJ2M-CPU11 and a ENT21 Ethernet comm module, I need to send and receive DATA(a few words) to and from a third party PLC over a Ethernet net work using TCP/IP ports. First I would like to see if I can send the data to my pc, listening to the port with a TCP/IP port sniffer or monitor(Advanced TCP IP Data Logger). I would also like to try send DATA to the PLC from the PC. But I don't know of a program the could send raw data down a selected port(does anyone have any advice on that). Has any one done something like this or could give me advice on what do to or where to start? I would appreciate it. Thank you

You can use the pre-canned Function blocks that come with CX-One. They are usually found in C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-One\omronlib. There are several FBs there that can help you with your task. You can install them by right clicking on the Function Block heading in the Project Workspace of CX-Programmer. Then choose Insert Function Block -> From File. Then navigate to that folder. You can also find help for these pre-defined FBs in the help menu as shown: Here are a list of the pre-defined FBs for the ETN module: You can then use the TCP Port Open, TCP Send, TCP Receive and TCP Port Close FBs to complete your task. Good luck!