Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cooperg36

Compactlogix Embedded HSC Help

6 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, This is my first post, so please go easy on me. I am new to Compactlogix and RSLogix 5000, but have used SLC's and Micrologix for a long time. I have a 1769-L23E-QBFC1B Compactlogix control with an embedded HSC (high speed counter). I have studied the manuals that I could find regarding the HSC and have successfully wired my encoder and enabled a counter. The counter is configured as a "ring" and I have set a minimum count of 0 and a maximum count of 1,200,000 just to play around with. I can see the actual count increasing, so I know that my counter is working properly. The HSC counter tags are extensive, to say the least. I am very familiar with the "on-board" high speed counters in the Micrologix 1500, 1000 and 1100 series and have been using them for years. I can't figure out how to re-set the actual count in the Compactlogix. Does anyone know if there is a RESET for the counter like in Micrologix? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. I am not under a deadline for the Compactlogix project, but just trying to acquaint myself with it for future projects. Thank you in advance, CooperG36 Edited by cooperg36

Hi, RSLogix 5000 does have a counter reset. The reset instruction is located in the same panel as the counters and timers. You just need to attach your tag to it. Or could you not reset the counter by using a move instruction. (Move a 0 into the ACC)

You could right some logic and add a one shot before the move instruction.

Lookin at the manual it referrs to the embedded HSC as "Local:4:0" Try using the 'Ctr0SoftPreset' output bit.

Thanks! That did it! Was able to get the counter to reset. Thanks everyone for your help :)