Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pro17

CX-Server with problems!

2 posts in this topic

I found very strange behaviour with CX-Server. I am using old CX-Supervisor v1.33, and this is what I found out: - CX-Server 1.7.2.. - on starting CX-Supervisor sets many points in a PLC to zero - or empty (I only checked text points - I/O) - CX-Server 4.1.1.3 - comm. works for few days, than it stops communicating - CX-Server 4.3.0.9 - comm works for few days/hours and then stops. I can use Open PLC to open connection again (this is PC1). But it somehow blocks CPU communications to another PC (this is PC2) with CX-Supervisor and Cx-Server 1.7.3.1 - on PC2 I can't reestablish connection with PLC Open, until I restart comm from another PC (PC1) using CX-Server 4.3.0.9. Even restarting PC2 doesn't help in establishing connection! - CX-Server 4.2... - comm works for a few days, then stops. STRANGE as in CX-Server 1.7.2.. it sets many points in a PLC to zero (I only checked text points - I/O), when starting CX-Supervisor. I really feel Omron should post info on CX-Server upgrades and FAQ on changes made and bugs! I would also expect CX-Server upgrades available to users! Best regards, JinX

hmm very strange. i have never encoutered anything similar, but, with cx-s 1.25 and cx-server below version 2 i have had problems such as the cx-s point (input, 1 second refresh rate) was not refreshed but when point is renamed, cx-s recompiled, it works. regarding setting points to zero on startup, you should check your scripts if you're setting your text points to zero somewhere. Edited by tashinz