Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zohaib2223

RSlogix 500 with Factory Talk ME

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I want to test my ladder programme using Factory Talk ME I do have the required softwares i.e RSlogix 500, Emulator 500, Rslinx Classic, so kindly tell how to connect them online using the emulator 500 or is there any other way. Regards.

A co-worker of mine has done this but I can't ask him about it until Monday. I believe in RSLinx you create a link to the emulator. But I don't know the name of the link. In the meantime go to the Allen-Bradley Knowledgebase and search for "RSLogix5 & 500 Emulator and RSView ME" - you may need to log in and have a support contract.

Monday - my co-worker verified that the Knowledgebase information I referenced is what he followed to set up the connection. Good luck.

Hello Zohaib2223, The following steps will help you for the testing ME Application with RS Logix 500 Emulator. Add driver : Add driver SLC 500 DH485 Emulator driver in RS Linx. Now open your RS logix 500 application. Now Open RSEmulator Software. For opening your application in emulator browse for *.RSS and open it by defining station no. Look for the processor in Who active, Download Logic to the processor in emmulator. HMI Part: Now open your FT view ME application, go to RSlinkx enterprises -----communication Setup (in HMI project tree). double Click communication setup ......create new configuration ........... Add driver (DH 485) to RSlinx entreprise , add device with correct station no. (eg slc5/04 16k ) this is PLC device to which you are going to communicate.(So check that ) now make shortcut (Eg My_Node_1) And apply it to added device(SLC processor). Come to HMI tag ....new...browse to the folders .you can see the tags falling under SLC processor. Make HMI tag linking to your graphics as per application and test the application . Sorry for Spellings....!