Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NovalutionGSi

Printer to PLC CPU.

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, have been asked to add a printer to a system i'm just writing at the moment. Now the set up is as follows, the Printer will be off the Serial port on a CJ1M CPU13ETN, the HMI will be hooked up to the Peripheral Port and i will be able to monitor via the Ethernet. This might be a silly question but can you use a USB Printer run through a Converter? as the Printer we are looking at is only USB. Below is the link to said printer. HP Printer

I presume you are using an Omron HMI (NS). You can connect a printer directly to that. Just watch out as I believe only certain printers can be connected. Check in CX-Designer for the selection on the USB port.

Cheers for that Bob, i have an Ormon guy helpping out with the ins and outs of this one. he has told me that it would be best to run this from the PLC Serial Port, (who am i to argue!). i'm not too sure why he didnt say we would use the USB port on the HMI (you are correct it is an NS08) as i expected this to be an easier route but it might be something to do with the fact that we are sorting data on a Memory Card on the CPU then Printing from the Card to a local Printer, not one that is hooked up to a PC on the Network, which personally i would rather has this would mean the Program would be slightly simpler! Edited by NovalutionGSi