Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shawn_walker

Micrologix 1100 Data log

10 posts in this topic

Hi all, i was wondering if anyone can provide me a method of reading from the micrologix 1100 data log through logic like a ascii read or message command unfortunatley the allen bradley micrologix guide is a little brief. i have tried using the allen bradley data log extracter utility but it does not fit my application considering it creates a new log file every time it polls the data log (if there is a way around this i would love to know it) but for now i was thinking of just storing my data in the data log and pulling records from it to display on a panelview. any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers, Shawn

Do you want to pull data directly from the PLC? How much data we talking about? The RSLogix500 and RSLogix5000 clases show how to build a psuedo-HMI with an Excel page using poke statements. For pulling data from Allen-Bradley PLCs, on a budget, if you have RSLinxOEM you can use a free package called WebDock DataPort. This package will use RSLinxOEM (you have to create an OPC topic) to push data into Microsoft Access. Quick and dirty and cheap! http://www.webdock.net/view.phtml?aid=20

not a whole lot of data, all i want to do was use the built in data log on the micrologix and be able to pull of the entries it makes and use the same micrologix to take that info and display it on a panelview....but the more reaserch i do im thinking its not possible

I wouldn't say it is not possible. Do you only need it to be viewable from the Panelview or does it need to be uploaded to a PC too? How many items and how many points do you wish to store?

i would prefer to view it from just the panelview. All that i am going to log is one word worth of data not a whole lot. word holds a number that corresponds to a fault and i wanted to be able to show the time and date stamp the and the error number on the panelview.

Oh, your just looking for an alarm log? Are you using a Standard Panelview or a Panelview Plus? Both have built in alarm logs to do what you want. Have you looked into those?

i have a panelview 550 standard and i didnt think about that it seems alot easier using that then the built in datalog with the micrologix 1100. i was reading through some allen bradley literature and it says you can only read from the data log by using another device to communicate with the controller is this true??

The data log is more for extracting to a CSV file in a PC. The alarm log is going to be an easier option for what you want I believe

Awsome....Thanks for information gonna make today alot less stressful and hopefully get some work done haha thanks again

No problem, let us know how it goes