Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest douchrti

Proworks vs sa85 or pci85 card

4 posts in this topic

was using Modsoft with sa85 card but new puters have pci85 card with Proworks. Cant get Proworks to read from PLC. says sa85 card not installed. Reinstalled Winconx drivers and cant get stat to run. but mbx driver demo works and shows com good. Anybody know how I can get pci85 card to work with Proworks ? Doug

what operating system?...If its XP the sa85 card is not supported..also make sure you have the latest version of drivers..I cannot remember what they are up to..If you dont dont bother looking for them from the download section at modicon!!! They want money for them!!! You should talk to tech support about this..BTW if you havnt used proworkx before you are in for a treat....Hopefully you have the latest version..Do not attemp to do anything with v1..it will leave you stuck...If you or the company can spring for it go concept...Proworx is plauged with bugs and glitches...It was released way to soon..IMO Good luck..

Hi, We are having the same problem here. Our new PCI-85 cards work fine in new XP pc's running WonderWare InTouch but not with Proworx NXT. I'm still searching for answers. Eric

I believe one of the issues with the Proworx software was that it uses a special mode of the drivers. It's been a while so I might be close but just off on this.... In the WinConX driver, make sure Virtual Mode is enabled (or enable all the modes). The driver you need to make sure is active is the 16 bit one. Then Proworx can recognize it. I know it's a check box selection in the driver config. And you will have to stop and restart it to get it to operate. Let me know if this doesn't help and I will try to install those drivers again, it's been a few years since I worked with Modicon boards in a PC.