Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Macgyver BR

Communication network, 2 PLC not equal

3 posts in this topic

How to establish the communication possible amidst the one PLC ControlLogix AND the one GE PAC70. Both the PLC´s has a port Ethernet TCP IP it's protocols did not equal. The external system have network as of PLC's , is not I pretended lack utilize um board for each PLC. Hereof Ethernet would be finest he forms? What the solution , and hardware as of fabricators than it is to fulfill. Tranks for reply

I don't know anything about GE's PAC70 product. I presume that it can use one or more of GE's three Ethernet-compatible protocols: EGD, SRPT, or Modbus/TCP. Of those three protocols, the only one that you can get a ControlLogix interface for is Modbus/TCP. Prosoft Technology (www.psft.com) makes that module.

I spoke before I looked; GE's website is pretty slim on PAC information, but at least they did publish some user manuals: http://www.geindustrial.com/support/docume...nts/gfk2224.pdf I suspect you're out of luck if that user manual is current. It says that the PAC Ethernet interfaces support only GE's proprietary Ethernet protocols, not any of the open ones like Modbus/TCP or EtherNet/IP.