Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ianbuckley

Cross reference data for DB variables?

3 posts in this topic

I am using Step 7 V5.4 to program for a S7-317F-2 DP. The cross reference function only shows information for C,I,M,Q,T variables. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to show the cross reference data for DB variables. I have been opening a file where I know the DB variables are used and using the Goto->Location feature, which works for now, although it is not as handy as the cross reference. Anybody know if there is a way to generate cross reference data for DB variables? Thanks, Ian

Hi Ian. Go to Options .. Reference Data .. Filter... . Here you set constraints for the cross reference, including which type of data. STEP7 remembers these constraints, so if you use CTRL+ALT+R to jump immediately to the cross reference, you dont get to the point where you modify the constraints.

Hi Jesper. Thanks for your help. I guess I just overlooked the Cross-References Tab of that window. It was coming up with the Assignments tab selected, and I just assumed it was telling me that was the appropriate tab for that view, as it seems a lot of features are context sensitive in the Step 7 environment. Anyway, thanks again. The cross reference feature is even handier than I thought! Ian