Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rwraley

RS View32

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a method within RS View32 using a numeric input field to distribute the input value globally to several nodes. For example if I have identical tags in all processors named (Node1\N7_0_TIME_ON), (Node2\N7_0_TIME_ON), (Node3\N7_0_TIME_ON), etc with one numeric input I would like to write the value to all nodes. The problem is when I set up the attributes for the numeric input it will only allow 1 tag to be specified as the destination. Is there a special character that can be used in the command line to "Stack" tag names? Any advice in this regard is much appreciated.

Create a single internal tag and designate that as the tag in the numeric input. Then use derived tags to distribute that tag value to your other tags.

I had already tried that and it is not working. Maybe I am not writing the expression for the derived tag correctly. If I want to include multiple tags in the derived tag expression what is the syntax? Tag1&Tag2&Tag3 or Tag1,Tag2,Tag3

Here is a screen shot of the expression where the tag "Global\FRI_DP_OFF_HOUR" is the value and I am trying to write it to the tags in the expression text box. Any Ideas? RSV.bmp

You need to create 3 derived tags: (Node1\N7_0_TIME_ON) (Node2\N7_0_TIME_ON) (Node3\N7_0_TIME_ON) The expression for each is the name of the tag that you entered the data into. You're working backwards - see my previous post. edit: curious - my previous post got merged with this Edited by Gerry

Thanks Gerry! You are absolutely correct. I reversed my tags and it does work. It is just kind of a pain to have to create a derived tag for each actual tag instead of 1derived that will point to multiple actual tags.