Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MMM

Panelbuider32 - RsViewME MultistatePB Array

3 posts in this topic

I am having trouble in the conversion of a Panelbuilder32 to RSViewME application. The PB32 application uses Multistate Pushbuttons that use bit arrays. In the conversion the bit arrays are converted to memory tags. I cannot find a way in RSViewME of writting from a multistate PB to a bit array. If anybody has done this could you let me know how? I cannot change the PLC code so all changes must be in the RSViewME application.

You use an expression to mask out the bits you are reading, then shift them all the way to the right. For example, if you are using bits 06, 07, and 08 to make a 3-bit value you would mask out those bits with a bitwise AND operator "&", and using the boolean mask 000000011100000b (448 decimal). Then you want to shift these bits to the right by six bits using the bit shift operator ">> 6". Two similar methods are described in Knowbase documents A57235266 and A69453517. You may wish to follow those with more precision because my method described above is just what I've used in demos.

Yes this method will work OK for multistate indication but the expression field is not available for the value tag of a multistate pushbutton. It is the multistate pushbutton that I need the array not a multistate indication.