Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shanen

Analoge input micrologix 1100

3 posts in this topic

Any help would be apreciated I am doing some tests on a small lazer distance sensor which requires connection to a 0-10V input. This i have done using the onboard inputs of a micrologix 1100. I have set up some logic using the SCP instruction, min input = 0, max input = 10, min output = 0 max output = 10000.( 0-10meters ) The input on the PLC is I:0.4. When i go onlineand connect the sensor with a value of 1volt = 1meter the scale input is reading around 100. When i disconnect the sensor all together i still have a reading that jumps between 400-500, i cannot change this value at all. I have checked with a volt meter the signal from the sensor and it reads 0-10v across the range, so it has to be in the PLC. Has anyone had any problems along this line or could give some insite to what may be the problem. IFM O1D100 distance lazer sensor. DISTANCE_TEST1.RSS

According to the manual for the Micrologix 1100, your input parameters should be 0 and 1023 instead of 0 and 10. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um001_-en-p.pdf Good luck, Oh, one more thing... You are scaling your 0-10 meters as 0-10000. I hope you are not expecting resolution down to 1mm. You only have 1023 counts to start with (10 bit A/D). That means 1 count = about 10mm. If you need more accuracy, the analog input add on modules have more resolution. Edited by mellis

Thanks for the imformation all is begining to make sense. To your second question, no i do not need to be to accurate for my testing purpose if trials go ok will look into proper input moduale. Thanks Again.