Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paulengr

Shared RSView ME .mer database?

2 posts in this topic

We just started with Panelview Plus's here. With both Panelview standard and all our PLC code, we have a shared network drive that holds all the programs as a common database for all programmers/users. Panelview Plus uses RSView Studio ME which in turn uses "FactoryTalk" instead of just files...although once you fool with it for any length of time, you figure out that the files are still there. How in heck do I set up a "shared" development environment? So far it seems like the only way to get files in and out of RSView Studio is to convert them to .mer's or to do a "backup/restore" to move the files around. This all works but it's a big pain in the arse and no where near as easy to use as the current interface which essentially "just works"...connect to a PLC and it automatically finds and loads the appropriate file. Panelbuilder32 is similar except that we just have an accepted file naming convention.

Save File as .apa (Arcive) Go to Tools/Application Manager/ME/Backup select the file to backup. then it will let you browse to the network location to save. When the next person wants to load the program into RSView just double click the .apa file and the setup will open up. Note that if you have the program in RSView already it wont let you overwrite it when you get the current file from your network location. You will have to delete what is in your computer Edited by Smoke