Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David Meissner

CX-Server Lite dependency(?) error

6 posts in this topic

I am in the process of writing a C#.Net application that needs to communicate with an Omron PLC. PC is running Windows XP Pro SP2 PLC has a CQM1H-CPU51 9 pin serial RS232 connection between them CX-Server Lite 1.21 When trying to add the controls I get a 80040154 Class not registered error. When I try to run the demo apps included with CX-Server Lite I get the following errors: The key 74258670-A19A-11D3-AB2F-006008785C6A is in the registry under CXSProvider.CXSProvider. I have tried manually registering the files with regsvr32. Filemon, Process Explorer and Dependency Walker do not turn up anything unusual. I have tried using VB, VB.Net, and Excel and all give similar errors. Has anyone seen this problem before or have any recommendations for solving it? -David

First Question: VS2003 or VS2005? I wouldn't recommend using activeX if you can manage. What level of communication are you needing? You can use the basic TXD and RXD commands if you are doing dimple communications (I have used this method with upto 15 commands each way) with 2005 you could just use the Com component they have. Now another method is to use Hostlink or FINS... I am working ona FINS component for C# but it isn't ready yet unfortunately or I would post it here. You might try uninstalling CX-Server and re-installing it. It sounds like its not properly installed.

I already tried that with no luck. I should have given some more background on what I am doing in my original post. This is my first project with a PLC, I need to be able to Read/Write 16 bits on a PLC. If there is an easier way to do this then what I am trying, help would be appreciated. -David

I believe you misunderstood me. I meant you could use the com component in VS2005 that allows control of the PC serial ports. you could then send data through that to the PLC RS-232 port and have code similar to what is in the attachment that follows. RXD.bmp A similar method would allow you to send. You should be able to find these instructions and how to use them in the CQ1M programming manual.

Using the com components in VS05 gives me the errors detailed in the original post. I did manage to solve the problem, but did not figure out what was causing it. I installed CX Programmer, and for some reason that fixed the dependency that was giving my issues when I was trying to run CX-Server Lite by itself.

Glad to hear that you got it working with the server-lite, although I still think you might be misunderstanding what I was saying because when I say Com component, I am not refering to anything even remotely related to CX-Server. I am talking about System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.