Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fcflores1

panel view plus 700

5 posts in this topic

Hey, Guys I have a problem connecting to panel view plus 700 using RS View Studio and an Ethernet crossover cable. My IP address for the run time file is 192.168.101.247. And the I.P address for the 700 is 192.168.0.241 and 255.255.255.0 and 0.0.0.0. My question is how do I set my Ethernet settings on my computer to communicate to the panel view and do I have to change local and target address also?

You need to set either your PC or the HMI to the same 3rd address, as in your post. Example: PV 192.168.101.241, then the PC needs to be 192.168.101.XXX (anything OTHER than 241) up to between 0-255. Then connections will be fine. Do you know how to set your PC IP address? When you establish these connections, then you will set your target as requried in RSlinx Enterprise.

No, im totally new to this any info from start to finish would be appreciated.

There is quite a bit of information to post in one message. I suggest you go to Rockwell Automation's web site and download the manual for the RSView Studio Package that you require in order to go any further with your PV700. If you have used RSView32, it is similar to RSView Studio, so there are some simillarities. Read the docs, and if you still need help, there are some video clips that could be downloaded from their site exactly how to drill into your processor.

hi just change pf local setting IP address is enough.