Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GlennP

FLT, INT, Pointers

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am reading the programming manual and there seems to be some differences when it comes to FLT instruction and INT instructions. The FLT says that you should turn bit M8023 OFF to change from Decimal to floating point, and turn M8023 ON to change from Floating point to Decimal. The INT instruction doesn't seem to require bit M8023 at all. Is M8023 required on FLT on a FX2n? When this bit is used i get a lot of 'double coil' errors when i do a 'check program' this doesn't affect the program. Also Pointers, I have used a [call P1] and then further down the program i have a [FEND] P1 what i call my subroutine and at the end of this a [sRET] When this is at the end of my program it works, when i write code after the [sRET] i get a 'ladder error' '6629' Which is a P or I not found Am I writing the Pointer and subroutine commands out correctly?

When using M8023 ON, FLT and INT functions as same but when you use M8023 OFF, then FLT functions inverse of INT instructions. You are getting Ladder error 6629 because the code is written after the FEND instruction, Only interrupts and subroutines are allowed to be written below FEND instruction. All the code other than that of interrupt and subroutine must be written before FEND Instruction.