Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donatien

Scanner Barcode, Micrologix 1200

2 posts in this topic

Hi , guys I am trying to intergrate a Datalogic DS2400A Scanner with a Micrologix 1200 ser.C The scanner use a conection Box called C-Box where you can conect the scanner and de RS232 Port The project consist in read barcode at boxes (that go throw a conveyor) , and depending the barcode move the boxes to different conveyor. My question is how to send ascci data (from the C-Box), to the port(comm) of PLC , and if is posible ? I have a idea reading some post of the forum, but i am not sure how to do it. thanks in advance to all PLC people

We have not used a micrologix 1200 but here are some suggestions:- You can configure channel 0 for ASCII and will have to use an AIC+ and 1761 CBL AM00. Connect the RS232 from the C Box (11 = TX232, 10 = GND) to Port 1 on the AIC+ (2 = RXD, 5 = GND). Configure the DS2400 to have an unused header character (i.e. 'H') to ease synchronisation of the received ASCII characters. As you now cannot monitor the program I would develop the control and barcode reading separately and then merge them when both parts are working. Regards Mike