Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KIKO

tutorial for i/o server

4 posts in this topic

I'm new in using wonderware software .I just asking if anyone can help me to understand how the wonderware I/O server for allenbradley is being used to transfer the data from the PLC5 to the HMI software(or we can say the DDE client.isn't it the same??).For example I find on the plc program some words are being sent to the computer by DH+ using 1784-KTx card, then where this data is going after being transfered to the PC...is it go to the AB1784KT I/O server...if so is there a configuration on the I/O server for that??...is it something related to Topics and Items on the I/O server???...Also how is the data is finally go to the animated HMI software. any help and discussion is appreciated...if any tutorials on this topic please tell me. thanx

hello sir, to my understanding it is the topic which connect your plc ans MMI, so in I/O server and wonderware u will create the same topic name , it will trace ur path from plc <=> MMI, KTX(D) is just transfer the data, used for communication both if u require i can give u AB I/O server mannual regards sathya

Thank you for your reply.Please send your manual and any related documentation if you can.

hello sir, the attachment is AB i/o server manual IOSrv_ABCIP.pdf