Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tank_Harvey

Cme Access Control

6 posts in this topic

Has any body used CME (Proficy) Ver 5.00 Manager with Logic Developer PLC. I am trying to configure about 10 different people with 3 different access groups. In manager I configure the following: Group 1 is assigned Level 1 access to PLC (Monitor Only) Group 2 is assigned Level 2 access (Write Data) Group 3 is assigned Level 4 access (All) In logic developer the PLC is configured for level 4 access (Allow all levels to access PLC) The result is that Group 3 has "all" access OK, However the other groups can only get monitor access only. I want to give some personal restricted access? Does anybody else get the same results? or can help? I have had on going to and fro with tech support. With out much luck.

Proficy_Password.xls While you are online and in "online" mode along the top bar go to Target, online commands, show status. Then select the protection tab. Highlight the circle for level 4. A password box will popup since you have no password yet just ckick OK and it will close. Now you are at level 4 status. At the botton now click change password, a box will come up where you can set levels 2,3,4. It tells you what the functions of the levels are.

Also here is a word of caution. To get rid of the passwords you have to remove the CPU's PCB and short between 2 solider joints CLR_CPU This clears everything out of the CPU and puts it back to HHP. You can delete the passwords without doing this but you will always have to go to the protection window and select OK for the level you want.

PLC Passwords I think I have a handle on. These were available in logicmaster and set in the CPU. However. I am talking about setting up the Manager software in CME. I have 10 or so people that all have to log into CME prior to accessing any PLC on site. With CME manager software different access levels can be setup for each user (as I understand it). This is done by configuring different groups each with their own level of access and then assigning these groups to users? These groups are then added to each PLC project on site? What I am finding is no matter what I do each group can only have "All" access or "Monitor" access. I want to have some users with say Force and Data Change access only? Can this be done? Cheers.

What you want is done in the "Inspector" after "Change Management" software is installed. I was going to try to try to work through it with you but I don't want to install this software. Sorry I wasn't any help.

Thanks Smoke I will try to look at the "inspector" & "CM" module when I get back to site. After 8 e-mail and replies from Tech support you have given me more to go on than GE. Cheers