Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeffellis1

Online Plc Programming Certificate?

3 posts in this topic

I have worked in the field service industry with a support level knowledge of PLC's, mainly AB. I have a good working knowledge of the basic instructions and using RSLogix 500. I want to find a reputable online course and earn a certificate for my resume hoping to land an entry-level PLC Programming position. I guess I should be looking for advanced PLC etc... I have done the google search but not much luck except a website in the UK called Scantime. Shouldn't I also take some courses in Process Control, Automation, etc.. Any help you can give me locating online courses for PLC, etc... thank you in advance for your help. Jeff jfls40@yahoo.com Edited by jfls41

Well first of all start here: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?dlcategory=39 No, you won't get a "certificate" but you'll learn something... And that's much more valuable than a (potentially) bogus piece of paper. What exactly is you present level of knowledge? You make it sound like you already have the skills to be an entry-level programmer. Maybe you should get a 10-point Micrologix and the free RSLogix 500 for it (at www.software.rockwell.com) and just experiment with it.

I was hoping to gain some "credentialing" for my resume by finding an online courses. I will download and take the courses on this website, once I finish reading them I will add them to my resume. What do you think of this? Well first of all start here: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?dlcategory=39 No, you won't get a "certificate" but you'll learn something... And that's much more valuable than a (potentially) bogus piece of paper. What exactly is you present level of knowledge? You make it sound like you already have the skills to be an entry-level programmer. Maybe you should get a 10-point Micrologix and the free RSLogix 500 for it (at www.software.rockwell.com) and just experiment with it.