Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TSI

Adept Cobra Robot Problem

3 posts in this topic

Anybody would be so kind share information and experience about Cobra robots . We have problem which is appearing 5-6 times a day, the robot stops and send " Encoder quadrature error Mtr 1 " error message . If we recalbirate the robots that works without any problem . Following the course manual and Insrtuction Handbook I have already checked the cables and Encoder lines ( 4,7 kOhm test ) and everything looks OK . The next step would be the encoder or motor change ( I also don't know does it possible to change the encoder itself ) but I can't do it becouse the lack of information . The proper process is not written in the manuals which I have and without this I don't dare to change the motor becouse I just do rough calibration and maybe it is not enough .Unf. I dont have calibration bar and I dont know can I start the change or not without this . If sb. could send any information about the process and the probems itself or any tip wich is usefull in this situation I would be very greatful ! conf: -Cobra 600 Robot ID : 560-0317-0-41-6 -MV4 controller SN : 3405-00416 T H X

Have you sorted out your motor/encoder issue with the Cobra robot?

Yes We have it . In that time I couldn't reach Our supplier but after a few day He delighted us about the problem . According him the joint 1 doesn't need fine calibration ( cal. with calibration bar ) , so we ordered a new motor and changed it . We prformed a rough calibration and the joint 1 works . Only 1 embarrassing problem left we found some oil on the motor which doesn't belong to wave generator . I assume it comes from the harmonic drive . Frankly I don't have any idea but the robot still run . I continue the investigation but not full time.