Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KIKI

Modem Wire

2 posts in this topic

Hi Could somebody help me ? I can't made com with modem USrobotic spoter and RS232c of vesamax (snp) When I call the plc with versapro the Us robotic hang up immediately. When I try with Hyperterminal its OK The set up parameters of modem are so=1 ATD0 The wire is nullmodem. 3 month ago I used an horner mini ocs 57 with the same modem and it was ok. I thing that problem come from vesapro but I am not sure Thank for you help. KIKI

Connection by US Robotics sportster 56K external modem. Thru Null Modem Adapter (25 male to 25 male), DB25 to DB9 converter, SNP Cable, PLC. The software is Versapro professional Edition 2.03 with Special 5 and Cimplicity Machine Edition 3.0 SP6, 4.0, 4.0 SP1 and 4.0 SP2. Pinouts for Null Modem Adapter 1 - 1 2 - 3 3 - 2 4 - 5 5 - 4 20 - 6 & 8 7 - 7 6 & 8 - 20 Refer to the following for modem in versapro and CME: http://elitenet.geindustrial.com/techadvisor/servlet/ksb/,/?E=0000000000002254506,K=3070,ST=93,Case=obj(598) Some time you need to use AT command to configure the modem. check the manual for modem for AT command. For CME, after the configuration in operating system, you need to restart your computer to make it available in "Physical Port" for target. If you connect the modem to PLC without null modem adapter, you will see two modems handshaking for a while and then disconnect. But with Hyperterminal, the connection can be made. The issue is the wiring between PLC and the modem. Refer to the log file errors for the modem in operating system. When modem sends an attached message to PLC, never gets a feedback and this is the reason why modem cannot get the connection for a while. Connecting thru serial port on CPU(352), fails but works thru the powersupply.