Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pd_cobb

Panelview 300 Micro Off-line

2 posts in this topic

I have seen this probelm before in the Panelview 300 micro where it will throw a message of: Panelview off-line(686). I believe the problem is that the baud rate was changed and this was corrected from a previous boss before but hes not here anymore for the info now. We have a few unqualified people button pushing. How can I get into the settings to reset this problem when it only shows this error above. I can get a few things when pushing keys but mostly covered up with error message. Any help here will great. The email address I have registered is with the company but if possible could it also be sent to my home address at: pd_cobb@adelphia.net Edited by pd_cobb

helo paul it ur gettin error 686 on a panelview , then u should check for the following 1)make sure the baud rate matches,and all the other serial port settings match 2) check whether you have specified the correct node address in your panelview application, also the node name should be same as the name of your PLC/SLC/micrologix controller.if using point to point make the networking disabled. 3)make sure you have a correct cable and verify that the cable is working.(pinout for checking a cable can be found out in the PV300 micro manual ) if all these things are verified and found out to be ok then i dont think you will again get tht error unless your PV300 micro is faulty take a look at it Regards NileshSURYA Anita Automations