Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BDS

Analog Output 1769-of2 Micrologic 1500

4 posts in this topic

I HAVE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT CAME WITH OUTPUT BUT I DONT GET IT. I HAVE RSLOGIC 500 AND HAVE DONE SIMPLE PROGRAMMING OF DISCRETE IO'S. I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO PROGRAM AND CONTROL THIS OUTPUT. I HAVE A PROJECT WITH TWO DC DRIVES AND WANT TO USE OUTPUTS 0-10VDC FOR SPEED REFERENCE. I WILL BE USING EXISTING OPERATOR INTERFACE PUSH BUTTONS WHICH ARE MOM. TYPE. BUTTONS ARE FOR FASTER AND SLOWER. BUTTONS FOR START, STOP, INCH, INCH REVERSE WILL BE DISCRETE TO DRIVES. ANALOG OUTPUT WILL HAVE TO RAMP WHEN SLOWER AND FASTER BUTTONS ARE HELD IN AND HOLD VALUE WHEN RELEASED. ANYBODY WILLING TO HELP ???.

Greetings BDS, and welcome to the forum ... sure, there are a lot of people here who would be willing to help ... can you post your existing .RSS program file to get started? ... it will tell us a lot about your system and how you already have it configured ... and do you want us to "help" as you work through this? ... or would you just prefer the answers? ... we can do either, but it's best if we know up front just how you want to proceed ... and one tip: it might be a good idea to turn off the CAPS LOCK on your computer ... they say that some people consider that like YELLING ... I'm not sensitive at all about that sort of thing ... but I've heard that some people are ... PS ... I'll attach a file to help get you started ... but don't open it unless you want some serious hints ... basically it's a fairly common method of doing the "speed control" buttons that you mentioned ... speed_control_logic.txt

Thanks for the post Ron... I have not started a program file...Just trying to get info for this analog card... I opened your file ...Now I know I need more info... I took your tip about the CAPS... Thanks again...Could I call you???

Greetings BDS, you asked: if you think that it would help, I'd be happy to call you ... send me a PM (Private Message) with your phone number and a range of "good times to call" ... it would be very helpful if you already had RSLogix500 up and running when we talk ... we could go through most of the setup that way ... I don't have a MicroLogix 1500 on hand to play with right now, but I think that we can manage without one ... incidentally, I'll be teaching all next week and totally unavailable ... I'm in and out of the office for the rest of this week ... a simple note of explanation: my bo$$ actually encourages me to participate in the forums ... but he won't let me post my telephone number or e-mail address "in the open" anymore ... I did that once and the calls for help kept the phone ringing for almost a week ... he says that he’d rather pay for the out-going calls than have to put up with the work interruptions of too many incoming requests ... going further ... rather than a phone call, it might be a better idea for you to post your questions on the open forum ... the type of information that you need will probably come in handy for someone else down the road ... on the other hand, if you're just getting started with all of this, then sometimes a ten minute phone call can do a lot more good than ten days of typing back and forth ... about your project ... you mentioned two drives ... that makes this sound like a real-world “work” problem ... what’s your deadline? ... the more we know, the more we can help ... and if you haven’t already done it, it would be a good idea to click the following link and read through the Compact I/O Analog Modules User Manual ... note that this covers several modules in addition to the one that you’re working with ... you’ll have to sort through the material to find the stuff that you need ... but this book is “required reading” for getting this type of system to work ... the charts on pages 4-1 and 4-6 are especially “juicy” ... it would be a good idea to print these two pages out and use them to “mark up” with your settings and addresses ...