Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mattburnett

SLC 5/03 Comm problems

9 posts in this topic

Can anyone help? I just recieved an MRPLC-AB-USB-CP3 cable from plccables.com. Which driver do I select in RSLinx? Also when I downloaded the recommended driver from the website, WinZip could not extract it. I downloaded the first selection and it extracted fine. I saved it to "MY Documents. Thanks in advance for any help.

I haven't used that cable but the driver for the AB usb to DH485 interface converter (1747-UIC) is the RS232-df1 with device set to 1770-KF3/1747KE. Select the com port that you are using don't change anything else except set error checking to CRC. Don't do an "Auotoconfigure" select ok. The driver should show "Running" perform a Who Active" and see if the processor shows up. I would bet that the Mr PLC cable is similar but I can't guaranty it. Hope this helps.

So far so good, I have the driver running now but don't know why the processor is not showing up on RSWho.

Might want to check the node no. default for RS Linx is station 0. If the processor is 0 also it will not show. And like I said I'm not sure about that paticular adapter. Try changing node in Linx to anything other than 0 (1 or 2)

Why would my processor node in RSLogix keep defaulting to -1d? I have changed it in system comms but it keeps going back.

You wont be able to change the processor node until you can communicate. You have to save the change to the program resident in processor. So change the node in RS Linx. Besides it's quicker when your checking to see if processor is set to 0 also. Edited by rwraley

Another thing to check is go to the control panel/ system/ hardware/ device manager. Check to see that the cable is recognized by computer under ports (COM/LPT), and is working properly.

Thanks so much for your help! I am now communicating and finishing up the project. This is my first time on a forum. I now know where to go for tech help. there are other guys like me out there, I'll be sure to refer them here. Thanks again, Matt

So did the driver and settings suggested work? What was the final step that established comms? Just curious.