Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fosy

OP 1500 display panel

4 posts in this topic

Anyone know how long these OP 1500 panels last? We have many touch panels and display panels, Omron, Proface, Keyence and Mitsubishi. We get about 5 years out of Proface panels then the contrast fades to nothing and we have to replace them. The Omron display panels only last about 3 years and then the contrast fades. If anyone has a rough idea of the life span it will be helpful!

I am not sure on the lifespan of an OP1500, I use the EZtouch, now probably the C-more. But i was curious if your other panels are lcd type. If so, they may just need a new back light rather than a full replacement.

Hi Gerry, We replaced the Proface GP470 units as the manufactures clearly stated the units were spent, no recovery. They don't boast anymore than 5 years life. We had to change them as they were touch panels. The Omron units are NT20s-xxx-V3, I think they are LCD units, we got about 3 years out of them. We didn't replace them, no need, the information they displayed once, didn't help us after 3 years as we knew the machines inside out by then. We could get by without them no bother. I hope you are not going to tell me I can adjust the contrast on these units, you will get me shot lol. They have been useless for years now lol. Edited by fosy

Lmao, I just took the time to look up some information on these NT20s and how embarrassing. I guess you will think I'm a fool, but I've always thought these units were just display only. They were programmed to simply display information and no machine control function at all, so I assumed thats all they were. I have found a contrast adjuster too lol. If I get time tonite, I'm going to see if I can recover the display. Not that it will help us in anyway but just out of interest. I'm ashamed, I have lowered my head and I wont look anyone in the eye for the rest of the night. I won't even critisize any operators tonight either. What annoys me is, if I'd known they were touch panels, they may have helped me fix the odd problem in the past. I could have programmed them to control some functions or took the place of some damaged manual controls. Bugger, lifes a bitch and then you die lol.