Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brandict

Need For Help! Please...

5 posts in this topic

hi...need for urgent help!! i'm using FX1N PLC and work together with Wavecom Fastrack M1206 GSM modem. Before that, here my project brieftly. I would like to get an msg when X0 push button are press and Y0 LED are light on. In order to let me know X0 are running. Beside that, i would like to remote control the Y0 by sending a msg back to GSM modem and tell the PLC switch off the Y0. But i have try for many many times, i still cannot get the msg when the push button are pressed. So i here to ask for advice from who know this programming. Here is my problem: 1) Is that i need using parameter to set the baud rate,parity and etc? 2) Is that i need to put the STX and ETX before and after the message i set to send? 3) I also would like to know how to know the length of device memory (k)? is that count by column? means if i use 10column, i put k10? And i also want to know, is that anyone have example for me to refer on? Thanks Brandict.

Hello, I have an example in Melsec Instruction List using a FX-system with 232-BD com-card, but I have to warn you that it isn't so advanced, but It works - in Sweden, you´ll probably be forced to do some adjutments (e.g phonenumberlength etc.). You also need to init your modem so that it's using the correct baudrate, parity etc. I've only used a Westermo GD-01 so I don't know if the AT-commands are the same (?) ATE0 //Echo off AT+IFC=2,2 //Flowcontrol AT+CMGF=1 //Ascii-format AT+IPR=9600 //9600 bps AT+ICF=3,4 //8 databits, 1 stopbit, no parity AT&W //Save the settings You'll also need to create a cable between the PLC and GSM-modem, but I don't know the pin-configuration for the modem-brand you are using. If you want to try yourself you´ll need to configure the port (I guess 232-BD?), you can achieve this by sending e.g hexadecimal 81 to D8120 (8 bits, none parity, 1 stop and 9600 bps). Then you have to create a AT-command for sending the SMS... AT+CMGS=07525855<CR> (where 07525855 is the telephonenumber, <CR> = hexadecimal D) and place in the sendarea. If using 232-BD you´ll need to use the RS-instruction for sending the messages, by setting M8122 the RS-instruction sends out what is located in the sendarea. When sending is completed M8122 will be reset automaticly. Now a timer is needed in order to give the modem a chance to answer. At last you´ll need to place the textmessage in the sendarea, you´ll also need to add <ctrl-z> (hexadecimal 1A) at the end of the textstring. Then set M8122 and if all is properly configured a sms will be sent. Good Luck!! Patrik

Hello again, An example: (*Setup of communication parameters for 232-BD, 8 databites, 1 stopbit, no parity*) LD M8002 MOV H81 D8120 (* RS-instruction to send and receive data, activated later in the program with M8122 *) LD M8000 RS D101 D100 D200 K20 (*Pulse on M0 when input X0 goes on rising edge, is used as condition for program-part 1*) LD X0 PLS M0 (*Program-part 1*) (* AT-command AT+CMGS= is transformed in to ASCII-characters and moved in to the sendarea *) LD M0 MOV H5441 D101 MOV H432B D102 MOV H474D D103 MOV H3D53 D104 (* The telephonenumber (located in D10-D14) is moved in to the sendarea *) LD M0 BMOV D10 D105 K5 (* Character <CR> is moved in to the sendarea *) LD M0 MOV HD D110 (* The length of ASCII-string 1 is moved in to the first place in the sendarea*) LD M0 MOV K19 D100 (* ASCII-string 1 is sent and porgrampart 2 is activated *) LD M0 SET M8122 SET M1 (* Programpart 2 *) (* Start of delayment so that the GSM-modem has a chance to answer *) LD M1 OUT T0 K10 (* Messagetext (located in D0-D9) is moved in to the sendarea*) LD T0 BMOV D0 D101 K10 (* The character <ctrl-z> is moved in to the sendarea *) LD T0 MOV H1A D111 (*The length of ASCII-string 2 is moved in to the sendarea*) LD T0 MOV K21 D100 (* ASCII-string 2 is sent and programpart 2 is reset *) LD T0 SET M8122 RST M1 Best regards Patrik

And one last thing, to be able to receive messages you'll need to use an AT-command that sets up the modem to send out all information that it receive on the COM-port, then you will need to learn to format for this message and find a way to "mask" out the "real" message, tomorrow, at work I'll see if I can find the AT-command! Best regards //Patrik

hello....yesterday i have try to sending and read the msg from PLC by a simply programming. But the data i receive back is in unknown form. So i guess is my baud rate problem, from the modem manual book it's ask me to use factory setting where bps=115200, data bits=8, parity= none, stop bits= 1, flow control= hardware. But in PLC i only can set in FX parameter by following: protocol=non procedural, data length=8, parity= none, stop bits=1, and bps=9600. Am i set wrongly in FX parameter? Is that the baud rate for modem and PLC not match therefore the data i receive is in unknown form? and how can i solve this problem to let the data i receive back convert to hexadecimal form? Thanks. Brandict