Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rwraley

PV550

8 posts in this topic

I would like to create status screen for both input addresses and output addresses. Both situations would not exceed 30 tags. The only way that I have been able to come up with is using the message command assigning each controller tag and adding a message to indicate state(I.E. PE SR1 Is High for state0 with a value of 1 and PE SR1 Is Low for state 1 with a value of 0). I then have to size and stack each message on screen to form a crude list. Is there an easier method?

Usually I use an array of Multi-State Indicators for I/O module bit status displays. When you set the data source type to "bit", the multistate indicator only has two states. Create one, set it up with the colors you want, and stack them using snap-to-grid. Here's another hint: PanelViews cannot directly read SLC I/O addresses. There might be some exceptions to that, but it's safest to just copy I/O addresses to 'N' integer registers and read those in the PanelView.

Another way is to use a control list and a multi-state indicator. The control list has a list of IO points, the Multi-state indicator has two states ON & OFF Paste the following into RSlogix SOR XIC B3:0/[N7:0] OTE B3:255/0 EOR N7:0 is the value from the control list B3:255/0 drives the multi-state indicator B3:0 to B3:254 are the words of bits that could be monitored. Edited by Snerkel

I have now downloaded a demo file for the PV and SLC http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downl...&CODE=02&id=491

As far as I recall, I've never had a problem creating tags that directly reference SLC I/O addresses. My experience is with DH485/RS232 panelviews.. The RIO ones might not be able to "see" the SLC's data table. How would it be safer to copy the I/O image to an N file and use that?

In my limited experience, the PV does directly read the input and output tags from the processor, in this case a SLC 5/02. I know that on the higher end PV's the list optios and status environments are quite a bit more useful. I was just hoping there was a trick or tip to creating an I/O monitor screen.

Unfortunately there isn't an "array" or "spreadsheet" data structure that you you can use. The times I've done this in the past, I had to use "brute force" and make each indicator one-by-one..